Lucian Imagery

Lee Bogle is an American artist, most well known for his beautiful depictions of Native Americans. Of that series, I found two paintings that really connected with my vision of Caspian and Lucy. Check 'em out:




The Comforter.
For some reason, there's something about Caspian on his knees before Lucy that's always prevalent when I write for them. I don't know - it's probably a leftover influence from one of Francienyc's themes in All the Dreams That Might Have Been, Caspian's awe for Lucy's legacy in the Golden Age. It's always there whenever I imagine a particularly passionate scene for the two of them. All the other pairings I write for don't really have that element. . . Edmund and Lily, Lucy and Damon, even Jess and Rory - none of them really have that kind of relationship. The closest I can think of is Peter, but I feel like he'd only kneel in front of Lily for very special occasions, like when he proposed. There's something about Caspian's regard for Lucy - how he feels nervous around the Pevensies in Prince Caspian, and the chivalrous way he treats her throughout Voyage of the Dawn Treader - that just makes kneeling seem a very characteristic trait for him. And take a look at the expression on the male figure's face compared to the female figure. He seems utterly content, while there appears to be a subtle worry present in her expression. She, too, is clearly at peace from his presence - but there is definitely something there. Worry, or concern etched in her brow. I like that, because in The Call of the Horn, Lucy is much more worried about their misdeeds and punishment than Caspian is.




Heart's Desire.
This painting bears a very strong similarity with how I imagine Lucy and Caspian to be during her pregnancy. It's hard to tell from the picture, but I think the male figure is sitting with the female figure in his lap. The expression on her face - curiosity, and an almost innocent wonder at either herself of the presence of the man's hands on her - seems very Lucy-like to me. The female figure here resembles the Lucy of my imagination better than in the painting above as well. She's even got the center part in her hair! Also, take a look at the male figure's arms. We can't see the left one (I presume it's bracing the small of her back), but his right arm seems to be resting at the hill of her stomach. Feeling the baby kick, perhaps? The positioning of the female figure's arms are interesting too: Her hands are over her breasts, like a curious sexual exploration, similar to Lucy's new post-virginity perspective. (A sort of coping with the new romance?) Her arms are also arranged as if she would be holding an infant - but she isn't. What I also like is the indistinct, abstract background. It puts the focus on the pair, not their surroundings. Like the swirl of mysterious darkness (and morally gray area) that surrounds Lucy and Caspian in the secret room. It could also represent the blurred reality of Lucy's dreams that become so real to her.


june
updates

I can hardly believe I'm saying it, but. . . the first chapter of Lily's Eyes is finished! Two whole years in the making, and it's finally done. Yes! The bad news is that none of the other sixteen chapters are beyond outlines. But on the bright side, the writer's block forced three unrelated oneshots out of me - unfortunately, though they are complete, they'll be shelved until Lily's Eyes is done. So see you all in about 32 years. . . lol. I hope.

Email

I prefer messages through the PM system over at FF.net, but anyone who would rather email can contact me at loveandrockmusic@yahoo.com.



© 2009 Love and Rock Music | Member at Fanfiction.net